CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
ABSTRACTS DUE: July 17, 2009, 5 p.m., EST - INVITED ABSTRACTS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED
The American Academy of Nursing (AAN) is seeking poster abstracts for its 36th Annual Meeting & Conference that focus on the Conference Objectives and Conference theme Creating an Agenda for a Healthy Society.
- Examine major demands on public health for diverse population segments
- Identify ways in which nursing leadership can intervene in key venues to impact and decrease poverty and improve health status
- Assess system-wide deficits in health care delivery to children, elderly and other vulnerable and underserved populations
- Create an agenda on the role and potential contributions of the Academy in addressing these issues
Partnerships/programs/projects focused on creating an agenda for a healthy society in the areas of education, service and research efforts are encouraged. Examples might include:
- Creative programs for developing and/or sharing infrastructure to support educational, service and research endeavors
- Programs that have been effective in reducing health disparities
- Collaborative programs across organizations to advance educational service and research opportunities
- Programs that highlight the challenges and opportunities of developing and sustaining policies
- Research focused on vulnerable or underserved populations
The presentation of cutting edge research at AAN’s 36th Annual Meeting & Conference offers the opportunity for the author/s to share important findings with the most accomplished and influential leaders in education, management, practice and research, who may, if exposed to your research, have the ability to put your research into action.
New Feature: All abstracts will undergo blind peer review. All accepted abstracts will be posted on both the Nursing Outlook and AAN Web sites after the Annual Meeting & Conference. In addition, a small number of submitted abstracts will be selected as an Abstract of Distinction and will be published in a future edition of Nursing Outlook.
Instructions for Submitting Abstracts:
- AAN membership is not a requirement for abstract submission.
- All abstracts will be submitted via the Web at: http://aan.confex.com/aan/2009/cfp.cgi.
- Only abstracts submitted via the Web will be considered.
- Poster abstracts must be 300 words or less and use a structured format which includes separate sections for each of the following (required):
- Concise description of methodology
- Summary concluding statement
- Tables and figures may be included but are not required.
- References are not required.
- All abstracts must focus on one or more of the conference objectives. For placement in the appropriate category, authors must indicate which objective the abstract is addressing.
- Abstract submissions should be original work, and should not have been presented at or submitted to any other national or international conference, unless specific permission has been granted by the Abstract Committee Chair.
- Each poster will have one presenting author (whose name is to be underlined in abstract submission) who must be present during the poster sessions (generally during break times and receptions - will not interfere with attendance to conference). After acceptance, changes in presenting author will not be allowed except with express permission of the Abstract Committee Chair.
- The following reflects the 2008 Annual Meeting & Conference poster presentation schedule. At this time, we have not determined the 2009 schedule, but the time commitment will not exceed what the following schedule reflects:
- Set-up: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Viewing: Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. through Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
- Dismantle: Friday, November 7, 2008 from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Posters not removed by 10:00 p.m. will be discarded.
- If accepted, all poster presenters, including members and non-members of AAN must register and pay the registration fee for the meeting.
- If accepted, abstracts will be reproduced for the Annual Meeting & Conference exactly as entered. Please check that the first and last names of authors are not transposed and middle initials are correct, affiliation information is accurate and reads correctly. Review your abstract and check for typographical and spelling errors, and scientific sense.
- While we strive for a green meeting, handouts of the posters' content are encouraged. Handouts may be used to convey details not addressed in the poster. Successful poster presentations rely heavily on graphical presentation of key findings and large font sizes so that they can be read from a distance. Less content and greater readability is often preferable.
- Your name, address, email, telephone, and fax information are used for various communications throughout the Annual Meeting & Conference planning process. Please check that the information that you enter is accurate, thus ensuring that our communications will reach you in a timely manner.
- A 4’x 4’ area on a poster board will be provided. Posters larger than 4’x 4’ will not be accommodated. Presenters should bring materials to affix their poster to the board, as they will not be provided.
- Abstract text guidelines:
- The following file types may be uploaded: plain text document (*.txt), HTML document (*.htm), or HTML document (*.html).
Start Your Submission:
Please click below to start your abstract submission:
(300 word maximum)
(300 word maximum) - NOTE: Invited submissions only; any other submissions made here will not be eligible for consideration. General abstract submissions must be made before 5:00 p.m., EST on Friday, July 17 using the "POSTERS" link above.
Abstract Deadline 5:00 p.m., EST: July 17, 2009
Invited Abstracts are still being accepted
Presenting authors will be automatically informed via email of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
For help in submitting an abstract online, email Tech
Adding/Editing an Existing Submission:
If you have already submitted an abstract title and you wish to view, resume, edit, or withdraw that submission, and you can find the confirming email mentioned above (from email@example.com), then you will have found a direct link to your submission.